Sunday, July 10, 2011

Goodbye (for now)

Seventeen days have quickly come and gone.  I’m back home in the U.S. now and I decided to write one more post to close out my blog.

This was the first time I’ve studied abroad and I enjoyed it even more than I thought I would.  Truthfully, I was hesitant about going to Japan by myself, especially post 3/11 and the nuclear scare.  But, I am so glad that I did.  I met an amazing group of students from around the world.  I not only learned a lot academically, but socially and culturally as well.  Discussing colloquialisms, what people eat, national customs, universities, etc. was fascinating.  There were also the inside-jokes about Mt. Fuji, love hotels, Parm, awkward palm trees, and cement factories that still make me smile just thinking about them.  I don’t think I can adequately explain how much I will miss everyone and learning and exploring with them.  Also, the Todai students that I got to meet made my experience even more special.  And in case any of them happen to read this, I would like to say thank you so much for everything you did for us!


So as a final count, after two and a half crazy, wonderful weeks, I have 5,024 photos (~20GB of memory)! But even without the photos, the memories I have of IARU GSP – Sustainable Urban Management 2011 will stay with me forever!


No comments:

Post a Comment